Playing at the Science Center

Playing at the Science Center
He can only stop for a second...there is lots of playing to do!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Anderson Turns One!

I cannot believe that Anderson is already turning one!  I know that sounds like every other mom out there, but seriously...where has the time gone?  This year flew by and I am so thankful for my time with Anderson.  He is growing into such a fun, happy, sweet little boy and I thank God each and everyday for him.  He has filled a huge hole in my life and in my heart that I never knew were there until I became a mom.  He makes me laugh with joy, grunt with frustration, and yawn in exhaustion each and every day and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am so lucky to be his mom and I blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of his life.

We started out the birthday celebrations with his Aunt Jackie.  She wasn't going to be able to make his birthday party so she planned a pre-party celebration for him.  It was so sweet and wonderful and we are so lucky to have people in our lives who love us that much.  I am overwhelmed by the generosity of my family and friends.
We went to Wings and Rings and Aunt Jackie helped him open his present.  He was thrilled with the card as every time he moved his hands, the card opened and closed!  Amazing!





Once he finished with his presents, Aunt Jackie presented him with his first cupcake (after all, what are aunts for)!  You might say he enjoyed it...you might say it was the single best moment of his life up until that point.  No matter what words you use, he was a happy camper!




Excuse me...I "mustache" you a question - bwahahaha!!



After our restaurant celebration, we went to McNatt Manor to swim and used the new flotation device that Aunt Jackie gave Anderson for his birthday!  We had a great time!



After our pre-party celebration, came his first birthday party!  We had a lot of our family and friends there and we were so happy to celebrate with them all!  We opened his presents from everyone.  Not to mention Anderson's name, but SOMEONE didn't really do his part and left most of the opening to me. Thankfully, Riley and Bailee were there to help!







Anderson made his rounds and spent time with everyone at the party.  I really think we may have a social butterfly on our hands.











There was a lot going on throughout the party, but I think most everyone would agree that the true highlight was (in best announcer voice) "THE EATING OF THE CAKE!"  It was a multi-step process so I will take you through it.

1. Get Anderson diaper naked and bring him out to the porch area.




2. Bring out the smash cake (thank you Aunt Cyndi for making a perfect little cake for Anderson to demolish).

3. Take some pictures of the before.


4. Anderson starts slow to savor the flavor and prepare the palate.


5. Anderson digs in and demolishes said smash cake.


6. Anderson gives kisses.


7. Everyone else actually gets to eat some cake (Thank you Courtney for making the delicious and beautiful safari themed cake)!


Once we got home, we had a very happy and tired boy!  He enjoyed his spoils and his family and friends!





Thank you to everyone who was a part of our celebration and who was thinking of us!  We are truly blessed!  Now, if I could just slow things down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment