Playing at the Science Center

Playing at the Science Center
He can only stop for a second...there is lots of playing to do!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This Mother's Day will from here on be known as "The Year Of The Tie!"  Not only does it have a catchy ring to it, but it embodies all of Mother's Day 2013.  My day started with sleeping in, only to be awakened by the sound of Richard and Anderson coming up the stairs.  I heard Richard whisper, "When we get in there, you say 'Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!'"  Anderson practiced it perfectly, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"  As they approached, I snuggled under the covers so he could "wake me up".  He came in, and with a huge breath yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!"  I "woke up" giggling with a big thank you!  They brought in the breakfast they had made me and it could not have been more perfect.
As we have a lot of moms to celebrate, we began to get ready for the day and, as I got myself and Anderson ready, Richard put the finishing touches on his tie.  Anderson watched and asked, "What's that?"  To which Richard responded, "Dad's tie."  Anderson immediately walked straight up to Richard and said, "Anderson tie!"  So...



Once everyone was good and tied, we headed to lunch with Anderson's NayNay and Great Grammy.  We went to The Forum's dining room and had a great time getting to see everyone!  Anderson was thrilled that everyone there was commenting on his tie!


Following our lunch with Great Grammy and NayNay, we made our way to Anderson's Grandma's house to celebrate.  We changed clothes (Anderson was devastated to have to take the tie off) and took some family pictures!





Anderson LOVES getting to spend time with Lily...and Max and Skipper!



Finally, we ended our day spending time with Anderson's Grammy!  She was happy to see us and even had a present that she and Anderson had made for me!


It was a fantastic Mother's Day and I so appreciate all the mothers in my life who made me who I am today and who will also play a role in shaping my son's future!  We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment