Playing at the Science Center

Playing at the Science Center
He can only stop for a second...there is lots of playing to do!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

We Will Miss Our Nala


We lost a very important member of our family this past week.  Nala died on Friday, January 23rd and she is already greatly missed.  I am most saddened when thinking about what should have been.  At the risk of sounding dramatic, I can't help but be sad for Anderson and for us as I picture...

  • Anderson throwing food off of the high chair just to see Nala eat it.
  • Nala following Anderson around when he is old enough to carry snacks just to eat the trail he leaves behind.
  • Anderson cuddling up to Nala.
  • Anderson trying to walk Nala on a leash.
  • The first time Nala eats Anderson's dinner because he left it unattended.


It is strange how much a pet truly becomes part of the family.  Outwardly, I can say, "Oh, she was just a dog," but inwardly, I think, "But she was our dog."  People have asked us several times if we are going to get a new dog.  The answer, for now, is no.  I don't want a new cute puppy to house train and to get used to Anderson...I want Nala.  Maybe when Anderson is a bit older and can help take care of a pet, we will look into it; but for now, we will remember in love, our sweet Nala.

No comments:

Post a Comment