Playing at the Science Center

Playing at the Science Center
He can only stop for a second...there is lots of playing to do!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and Such

Well, in an attempt to not blog every single night, I got carried away and have not blogged in nearly a week.  The following is what we have been up to.

Anderson recently began eating butternut squash.  It is his new favorite (I feel that may be the case for every new food he tries) and it is messy and stains the child orange.  It is a very good thing that he looks nice in fall colors.

He also started eating apples.  The first couple tastes gave him the sour-food-shivers, but that didn't stop our little trooper.  He bulldozed right through that obstacle and ate all of them!  I like feeding him apples because the mess is difficult to see and it looks as though I am really good at being a neat and tidy mom.  Ha!
Before Thanksgiving, we did a bit of shopping with Aunt Janice and tried on a Santa hat.  I believe it went over well!  He has the build for it.  Perhaps we should have named him (St.) Nicholas? Or Chris (Kringle) perhaps?  Oh well.  He seemed to not hate it as much as other hats we have tried so I have my fingers crossed that it holds in some heat.

On Thanksgiving, we went to Granddaddy and Grammy's house for lunch and Tommy and Bubby's house for dinner.  We found out at Bubby's that the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree.

That's right, that is a Diet Coke can in my son's hand and he is definitely working to get into it.  I LOVE IT!  Besides the Diet Coke, he mainly slept.  He took a 3 hour nap at Granddaddy and Grammy's, so everyone in that family believes that is all he does.  He then proceeded to take a 2 hour nap at Bubby's, only to wake up, go home, and go to bed.  Could it be...another growth spurt?  Oh my!  This child grows faster than...something that grows really fast!
I cannot believe he will be 6 months old in just a couple of days!  He is truly a blessing to us and I couldn't be happier about being his mom.  I genuinely believe he was chosen just for Richard and me!  Love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment