Playing at the Science Center

Playing at the Science Center
He can only stop for a second...there is lots of playing to do!

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Life of a Parent

The weekend of December 10th may have been the strangest parenting weekend I have experienced yet.  It started on Saturday morning when something woke me up.  It was still dark so I looked at my clock wanting to make sure I had turned off my alarm.  I obviously had because it was 6:15, which is later than I wake up for work.  I automatically looked at Anderson's monitor to make sure he was okay (new motherly instinct, I suppose) and he wasn't there.
 In the strangeness of this early morning moment, I knew that someone had come in and stolen my baby.  I hopped out of bed as though there were a snake in my bed and ran across the hall to Anderson's room.  He had, somehow maneuvered himself to the edge of his bed, on his belly, with his arm hanging over the side through the slats.  The camera was looking over him at nothing.
Once I could breathe again, I took these pictures and then went back to bed.

On Sunday of that same weekend, I was cutting Anderson's toenails (by the way, his nails grow faster than anything I have ever seen).  I bent down so I could see them and started with his big toe.  I got close so I could see it, lined up the clippers, and "clip".  The next thing I know, the toenail clipping is hopping into my eyeball.  I cupped my hand over my eye and reflected on what just happened.  It was about that moment that Richard peeked through from the kitchen and asked if I was okay.  I immediately stated that I had a toenail in my eye.  He came over and we worked together to remove it.  When I looked at it, I was amazed that a toenail clipping that size would fit in someone's eye.  I kept myself from taking a picture of this event, because I was not sure I could look at it again, but it is definitely something I want to remember...crazy!  Richard asked me if I wanted him to get me a pair of goggles so I could finish the rest. I laughed and sent him back to what he had been doing, but as I finished, I got close so I could see, lined up the clippers, turned my head, and then clipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment